Training for Therapists
Are you a therapist? Are you interested in learning how to treat couples more effectively using the Gottman Method? Julie Sharon-Wagschal and Elizabeth Pick are certified Gottman Method Therapists and Europe’s only workshop trainers through the Gottman Institute.
LEVEL 1 CLINICAL TRAINING – GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY: BRIDGING THE COUPLE CHASM
Training dates 2019:
- 23 & 24 September
This introductory 2-day training provides an overview of the four decades of research on what makes relationships succeed or fail. It teaches the research-based theory of the Sound Relationship House that Drs. John and Julie Gottman developed and offers an integrated method of couples therapy based on that theory, which includes assessment and therapeutic interventions.
Completion of Level 1 training is a prerequisite to Level 2 training and is the first step toward certification as a Gottman Couples Therapist.
AS A RESULT OF TAKING THIS TRAINING YOU WILL:
- Understand the importance of assessing the couple’s friendship, conflict management and shared meaning systems using interviews, written questionnaires and observation of conflict.
- Be able to summarize the research that predicts relationship stability.
- Describe the seven levels of the Sound Relationship House theory.
- Be able to develop an appropriate and effective treatment plan customized to the specific needs of each couple.
- Understand when and how to use Gottman interventions to help couples strengthen their relationship and minimize relapse.
IN THIS TWO DAY TRAINING YOU WILL LEARN:
- How couples really sustain their marriages–in contrast to common myths and misconceptions.
- Proven strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills that empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues
- Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
As an attendee at the Level 1 training, you will receive a 300+ page manual featuring new relationship assessment questionnaires and clinical interventions that you can use immediately with your clients.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from this training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
- Graduate Students and Interns
Cost is 425 euro per participant.
Student discount (15%) is available (email email@example.com for discount code).
Maximum number of participants is 30. Registration closes 2 weeks before the workshop.
- Up to 2 weeks before the workshop: Refund minus 50 euros administrative fee
- Within 2 weeks of workshop: No refund, but participants will receive full credit to attend a future training
Accreditation by the NVRG.
Location: De Roos, Amsterdam